2017 SMR Family Campout
When: Saturday and Sunday, October 7-8, 2017, with the rain dates October 21-22.
Where: Summit Field, South Mountain Reservation
Who should attend?
This event is tailored to families with young children, generally from 4 to 12 years of age who have equipment to camp out.
Purpose: The goal of this experience is to gently immerse families with young children in nature and to provide them with the tools to take the next steps toward further exploration on their own. The agenda is intentionally spaced out, with unstructured time sprinkled throughout. Families are encouraged to venture out on mini-excursions of their own or simply hang out around their campsites and relax.
Note: This is the fourth year of the program. The 2016 event won an award for Special Event Programming by the NJ Recreation and Park Association.
– Attendance for this event is limited to around 45 families, or 140 participants. A family is defined as one or two adults, 21 yrs. or older, with a maximum of 4 children. We will close the registration when we reach our limit.
– We will create a short waiting list. If you are on the waiting list, but are not accepted, your money will be refunded in full.
– Registration must be completed by midnight Wednesday, October 4th. THERE ARE NO REGISTRATIONS ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT.
– To minimize administration and cancellations, THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS ONCE A FAMILY IS ACCEPTED.
– No dogs will be allowed.
– The principal adult (first adult listed), or the optional secondary adult must remain with his/her children for the duration of the event.
Instructions to Register
- Read Information on the program by clicking 2017 SMR Family Campout, Initial Information. August 2017
- Use PayPal to join the Conservancy ($25) for 2017 and pay $30 for the program for a total of $55 by clicking on the donate button at www.somocon.org If you are already a member for 2017, only pay the program fee. IMPORTANT: in PAYPAL, under Purpose (at top) write:
Family Campout Fee (current 2017 member), OR
SMC Membership and Family Campout
- Register for program using Google forms by clicking Here, Registration must be completed by midnight, Wednesday October 4th, (unless the event is filled). THERE ARE NO REGISTRATIONS ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT.
- Once registered you will receive a confirmation email, or a notice that you are on the waiting list. If on the waiting list but don’t get accepted, all payments will be refunded.
Should you have any questions after reading the material, please email program coordinators Lori LaBorde and Dennis Percher at FamilyCampout@somocon.org, or leave a message at 844-SOM-OCON (844-766-6266), prompt 7.