Essex County Executive Joseph N. DiVincenzo, Jr. and the South Mountain Conservancy encourage sculptors to apply for the Annual Sculpture Exhibition in Essex County South Mountain Reservation’s Wildflower Sculpture Park.
The Wildflower Sculpture Park is in front of the Wildflower and Forest Preserve and the South Mountain Reservation Dog Park. Sites for exhibiting sculptures include 5 x 5-foot concrete pads, a large grassy field, and the wooded areas and the meadow in the Forest and Wildflower Preserve.
Sculpture may be in any media, but should safely stand up to all likely weather conditions. Signage will be provided. The sculptor must be born in, or a current resident of, New Jersey, unless otherwise agreed upon.
Wildflower Sculpture Park 2018-19 Schedule
- August 11th, 2017 – February 12, 2018: Open call for artist submission
- January 15-26, 2018: Site visits with curator, upon request
- February 12, 2018: Submission Deadline
- February 13 -20, 2018: Applications reviewed by Wildflower Sculpture Park Advisory Committee and selections made
- February 23, 2018: Selected artists notified
- May 1-20, 2018: Installation of Artwork
- May 25, 2017-April 3, 2019: Artwork exhibited
- April 6-30, 2019: De-installation of Artwork
To download an application, CLICK HERE.