Essex County Executive Joseph N. DiVincenzo, Jr. and the South Mountain Conservancy encourage sculptors to apply for the Annual Sculpture Exhibition in Essex County South Mountain Reservation’s Wildflower Sculpture Park. Artwork is displayed from Memorial Day through May 1st of the following year. (For call for artists, click HERE)
The Wildflower Sculpture Park is in front of the Wildflower and Forest Preserve and the South Mountain Reservation Dog Park. There are 5 x 5-foot concrete pads, or a large grassy field, for exhibiting artwork.
Sculpture may be in any media, but should safely stand up to all likely weather conditions. Signage will be provided. The sculptor must be born in, or a current resident, of New Jersey.
Wildflower Sculpture Park 2018-19 Schedule
- August 11th – January 15, 2018: Open call for artist submission
- January 15, 2018: SUBMISSION DEADLINE
- January 15 –February 1, 2018: Applications reviewed by Wildflower Sculpture Park Advisory Committee
- Feb. 15, 2018: Finalists presented to jurors and selection made
- March 1, 2018: Selected artists notified
- May 1-24, 2018 Installation of sculptures
The curator of the Wildflower Sculpture Park and its founder, Conservancy Board Member Tricia Zimic, and her advisory board reviews submissions and makes recommendations to the Essex County Parks staff. The Conservancy and the Parks Department works closely with artists throughout the development and installation of the exhibits. Artists, however, are responsible for maintaining their sculpture, should that be necessary, throughout the year.
To download an application, CLICK HERE.
Past Media Coverage of the Sculpture Park